Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving- A little late but still- if any of you are like me, you can't get enough of the holiday spirit!
We started out our Thanksgiving tradition at the Turkey Trot ( Dane & Tyler both sporting their traditional hangovers- but were total sports & stuck the trot out!)
It was 10 degree's this year but once you got moving it wasn't bad at all & it sure helps your mind balance out all of the food you are eating! :)
Mom also sported her snowsuit during the trot which made us all giggle. For one- it wasn't snowing... it wasn't even windy.. & we don't live in Alaska.
Maybe she was a little ahead of the game because look @ what we woke up to this morning! :
& it's still coming down! :)
Brrr!

You can't help but celebrate Thanksgiving & the holidays and not think about what you are thankful for!
There are so many things that I am so thankful for! On Thanksgiving I was especially thankful to be sitting at the dinner table with Grandpa DE ( 100 ) & Fanny who's 95?! - to share a meal with the rest of my family, and get horrible bouts of the giggles due to incredible homemade wine ( in which I am thankful for Lana & Marcus- who taught us their trade <3) & we were also able to skype with Jaela- who is studying abroad in Mexico! What a fantastic experience to have Grandpa DE wave to her on Thanksgiving while she was sitting in her wonderfully colored orange dining hall! You can't help but appreciate those moments ( and technology!) I am incredibly thankful for each of you, who are reading this ( & those that aren't!) & hope that your holiday season is full of heavy laughter & cheer (or cheers ;) )

On a different note- here are some other things that I am thankful for that I would love to share with you!
Because it's snowing outside- I am loooving the internet & being able to holiday shop while drinking coffee in my flannel pjs!
Here are some sites I adore:
6 PM ( Heather introduced me to this addiction & I'm obsessed- a new brand of shoes on sale DAILY! If your looking for fantastic work shoes check out Soffts- you won't even know your in 3 inch heels!)

This blog:- If you ever wanted to create ANYTHING- they have a tutorial for it! LOVE THEM!

& Etsy is a given- I seek items out daily- so that I can then search for the tutorials on Little Birdie Secrets & make my own! Try it!
Cheers to you & your families this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment